Since 1971, a former Deputy Attorney General, Department of Justice State of California, Sam Spital prosecuted cases in all State and Federal Courts through the California Supreme Court as well as the US Supreme Court. Since 1978, he has handled the defense of criminal fraud cases throughout San Diego County.
At Spital & Associates, we know Federal Criminal Fraud charges place your rights in danger as there is a powerful opponent in the United States Government, who assigns an Assistant US Attorney. If you are facing fraud charges in San Diego at the federal level and/or have a criminal case in the U.S. Federal Court in Imperial County, it is imperative to seek the advice and representation of a skilled San Diego federal criminal fraud defense attorney at Spital & Associates.
Can you afford not to have an aggressive defense from experienced federal fraud defense lawyers on your side? To speak to our Managing Attorney about your legal defense options, call us at 619.583.0350.
Contact our Federal Criminal Fraud Defense Lawyer Today!
At Spital & Associates, our highest rated San Diego criminal fraud attorneys have experience in both trial and appellate practice. This includes two former Deputy Attorneys General from the Department of Justice. Our founder, Sam Spital, brings more than 39 years of legal experience to his law practice, including time as a criminal prosecutor; he understands the ins and outs of the federal court system and provides an aggressive defense against federal fraud charges.
Federal Criminal Fraud Charges in San Diego – since 1978
Our goal as your federal fraud crimes defense attorneys is to obtain all of the facts, perform the required research and analysis, to locate relevant financial and all other legal documents, and to present your case in the most persuasive manner. Our goal is to obtain winning solutions and to protect the rights of our federal criminal defense clients in fraud cases stemming from allegations of:
- Accounting fraud
- Bank embezzlement and fraud
- Complex financial fraud
- Credit card fraud
- Embezzlement and Internal fraud
- False claims
- Grand theft
- Health care or Insurance fraud
- Money laundering
- Mortgage fraud
- Official misconduct
- Corruption and RICO violations
- Tax fraud
- Welfare fraud
Defenses Against Federal Fraud Charges
Our role to be effective federal fraud crimes attorneys in San Diego, CA is to present a vigorous defense as well as to establish an offense, plus producing all of the facts in mitigation, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Actual or potential harm to the public
- Prior overall criminal record
- Level of compliance with sentence and terms of probation
- Prior arrests of record, even if not related to the current arrest or complaint
- Number and/or variety of current fraud violations or charges (counts)
- Nature and severity of the fraud crimes under consideration
- Rehabilitation and remorse of the defendant
- Time passed since the underlying fraudulent act
- The degree of financial benefit to the defendant
- Whether the fraudulent conduct demonstrated cruelty
- Whether the defendant was suffering from a medical condition that significantly reduced culpability f
- Whether the defendant ineligible for probation
- Whether the defendant made restitution to the victim
- Whether the fraud crime involved violence, bodily harm, threat of bodily harm, or other acts disclosing a degree of cruelty, viciousness and/or callousness;
- If the defendant was armed with or used a weapon at the time of the commission of the crime
- The defendant did not induce others to participate or occupied a position of leadership or dominance of other participants
- The defendant did not induce a minor to commit or assist
- The defendant was not convicted of other crimes for which consecutive sentences could have been imposed but for which concurrent sentences are being imposed
- The manner in which the fraud crime was carried out does not indicate planning, sophistication or professionalism
- If the crime did not involve an attempted or actual taking or damage of great monetary value
- The degree to which the defendant took advantage of a position of trust or confidence
- Whether the defendant ihas not engaged in violent conduct that indicates a serious danger to society
- The defendant has not served a prior prison term
- If the defendant was not on probation or parole when crime,was committed
As your San Diego federal criminal defense lawyers, we will fight aggressively to minimize and marginalize the prosecution case in order to limit your exposure to severe sentences such as incarceration in federal prison, heavy fines, forfeitures, restitution, supervised release, home electronic monitoring and community confinement. If you are under investigation, have been arrested or are otherwise facing any variety of federal fraud charges, contact us online or call 619.583.0350 so that we can help.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult a San Diego federal fraud defense attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.
8880 Rio San Diego Drive, Suite 800
San Diego, CA 92108-1642
Banker’s Hill Associate Office
1901 First Avenue, Suite 138
San Diego, CA 92101
Downtown Associate Office
Of Counsel – Bill O’Connell, Esq.
110 West C Street, Suite 1300
San Diego, CA 92101-3978
Associates available 7am-9pm daily.
Call 619.583.0350 or send us an e-mail.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.