Former Deputy Attorney General Representing Dental Board since 1971. Highest Avvo “10” Rating. Client’s Choice Award 2007-2019. Over 250 FIVE STAR Client Reviews & Attorney Endorsements
The Dental Board of California
2005 Evergreen Street, Suite 1550
Sacramento, CA 95815
(800) 952-5210 information
(800) 344-9940 TDD
Links to Forms and Additional Information:
- Online License Renewal (DDS)
- License Verification
- Licensure by Residency
- Laws and Regulations
- Diversion (Intervention) Program
- CURES Registration Form
- Cures 2.0 Update (2018)
The California Dental Board will deny an application for license for a conviction of a crime related to the duties and functions of a Dentist or Dental Auxiliary, if you have done any act of dishonesty &/or made a false statement on an application for licensure.
At Spital & Associates, our California Dental License Defense Attorneys protect the rights and advance the interests of dentists in an investigation or prosecution. We have over 40 years of experience as a former Deputy Attorney General and skilled defense lawyer. We use forensic experts including a former Member of the DBC. We understand the prosecution case and develop both a defense and offense. The Dental Board prosecutes cases against individuals that have a license as a Dentist or Dental Auxiliary if there is an allegation of any of the above grounds for denial of a license as well as one or more of the following more common grounds for disciplinary action:
- Sexual Misconduct by a dentist
- Abuse of Alcohol and/or Prescription Drugs by a dentist
- Use by a dentist of Illegal Narcotics/Substances
- Incompetence and/or Gross Negligence as a Dentist
- Conviction of a Crime Substantially Related to your license
- Falsifying records by a dentist
- False, deceptive or misleading advertising by a dentist
- Unauthorized disclosure of patient information
- Fiscal Dishonesty/Fraud/Theft by a dentist
- Misrepresentation as to the status of a license
- Unlicensed Practice
When a complaint has been received by the Board of Dental Examiners , it is reviewed, analyzed and then processed. Some complaints are closed because they fall outside of the jurisdiction of the Dental Board and/or do not involve grounds for disciplinary action (e.g. personality conflicts).
Once the complaint is reviewed, the Dental Board may determine the allegations are unsubstantiated. On the other hand, the Board of Dental Examiners may conclude the allegations are valid and they will decide what further action should be taken, if any. The options include:
- Dental Board closes the complaint on the grounds it is without merit
- Dental Board closes the complaint even though it has been determined the complaint has merit
- Dental Board refers the matter to the Attorney General’s Office for prosecution. The AG will seek to deny a license if you are an applicant for licensure; or the AG will seek to suspend or revoke your license and impose countless terms and conditions to a probationary license.
- You as a dentist employ expert legal counsel to present a compelling and powerful defense so the Dental Board disciplinary action is minimized, if any is taken.
- Dental Board handles the matter “in-house” and issues a citation, fine, private reprimand, etc.
The DBC Diversion (Intervention) Program is a confidential program for licensed Dentists, Registered Dental Assistants, and Registered Dental Assistants in California whose ability to practice may be impaired due to alcohol and/or drug abuse. Before making a determination to apply, you can obtain a confidential and free consultation from an experienced DBC Defense Lawyer at 619.583.0350 (ask for Managing Attorney Sam Spital).
Please note, there is a potential denial of an application for a license or suspension of a license for one’s failure to pay taxes. When considering your responsibility, it is important to obtain legal advice .
Before discussing your Dental Board of California case, whether an investigation by law enforcement; inquiry from DBC or an Accusation filed by a Deputy Attorney General; or with anyone, you should obtain the advice of an experienced Dental Board of California Defense lawyer at Spital & Associates. Ask for Sam Spital, Managing Attorney. Call now for a FREE Attorney Consultation (619) 583-0350 !