Here are some of the significant issues involved in Southern California truck collisions as well as San Diego truck accident cases
- Past and current developments in trucks, including tires, brakes and electronic equipment
- State and federal regulations involving trucks and safety protocols, including drivers’ hours of service and the issue of fatigue
- Records retention, including nature, frequency and scope of inspection, maintenance and repair
- Data collection and spoliation
- Driver training and qualification, including hiring practices and supervision
- Alcohol, drug and substance abuse testing
- Contents of truck and trailer, including freight and transportation of hazardous cargo
- Loading of truck and trailer, and unloading as well as excessive overloading and/or falling debris cases
- Accident reconstruction and the impact of road conditions
- Low and high speed collisions
- Chain-reaction crashes
- Aggressive driving
- Improper blind spot mirrors
- Roll-over accidents, semi-tractor truck and trailer accidents including semi jack-knife cases
- Human factor and use of industrial psychologists
- Establishing liability of other defendants, including truck manufacturers, governmental agencies, etc.
- Nature and extent of damages, including physical and mental injuries, current and future economic losses
- Catastrophic injuries, including brain injury, spinal cord injury (i.e. paraplegic, quadriplegic) and wrongful death cases
- Insurance issues involving coverage and exclusions
- Negotiation, mediation and arbitration
- Potential license exposure and criminal liability (criminal negligence, manslaughter, etc.)
- Trial preparation, witnesses, exhibits and strategies
8880 Rio San Diego Drive, Suite 800
San Diego, CA 92108-1642
Banker’s Hill Associate Office
1901 First Avenue, Suite 138
San Diego, CA 92101
Downtown Associate Office
Of Counsel – Bill O’Connell, Esq.
110 West C Street, Suite 1300
San Diego, CA 92101-3978
Associates available 24/7.
Call (619) 583-0350 or send us an e-mail.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.