Former Deputy Attorney General. Highest Rated. Client’s Choice Award 2007-2018. Over 235 FIVE STAR Client Reviews & Attorney Endorsements
California Board of Accountancy.
2000 Evergreen Street, Suite 250
Sacramento, CA 95815-3832
Links to Forms and Additional Information:
- CA Accountancy Act
- CPA Regulations
- Disciplinary Guidelines
- Applicants for Licensure
- License Renewal Handbook
- Change of Address Form
- Out-of-State Licensees
At Spital & Associates, our California Accountant License defense attorneys protect your rights and advance your interests in an investigation or prosecution. We have over 40 years of experience as a former Deputy Attorney General and skilled defense lawyer.The Board prosecutes cases against individuals that have a license as a CPA if there is an allegation of one or more of the following more common grounds for disciplinary action:
- Sexual Misconduct by CPA or Accountant
- Abuse of Alcohol and/or Prescription Drugs by Accountant or CPA
- Use by a CPA or an Accountant of dangerous Narcotics/Substances
- Incompetent and/or Negligent Practice of Accounting
- Conviction of a Crime Substantially Related to the Practice of Accounting
- Falsifying records by a CPA or Accountant
- Fiscal Dishonesty/Fraud/Theft by Accountant or CPA
- Unlicensed Practice of Accountancy
There are events that must be reported to the CBA. Although the following link is the Licensee Reporting Form, it is very important that you obtain legal advice regarding the reporting of any such event, as this can be a basis for an investigation by the CBA and/or the filing of an Accusation to suspend or revoke your license.
Before discussing your Board of Accountancy case, whether an application for a license; an investigation, law enforcement, the Office of [State] Attorney General; and/or with anyone, you should obtain the advice of an experienced California Board of Accountancy Defense lawyer at Spital & Associates. Ask for Sam Spital, Managing Attorney. Call now for a FREE CONSULTATION with Sam (619) 583-0350 !