How does one define the role of a lawyer? What are your expectations? Do you want an average lawyer or a truly great attorney? Here is a list of questions you might want to ask yourself and the lawyer with whom you consult:
- Do you want a lawyer who is pro-active, meticulous and believes in YOU?
- Are you intent on seeking the advice of a highly regarded attorney with boundless experience; superior knowledge and skills; is smart and knows how to persuasively persuasively articulate the case on your behalf?
- Do you place more value on the fees and cost of the lawyer, or are the primary factors both the direct impact of the case and the unintended consequences, now and in the future?
- Using objective criteria, one can read about the rating for the attorney; client reviews; attorney endorsements; full resume, including the nature, frequency and number of total and recent awards.
- Do you have the utmost trust and confidence in the lawyer with whom you consult, seek legal advice and representation? One of the ways to determine the character, expertise, history, and winning results can be evaluated by viewing the description and details; and, click the following link as it regards the author, on www.Avvo.com, which is a national legal directory that provides profiles of nearly every lawyer in the United States.
- Does your selection of an attorney also encompass whether the lawyer has respect for YOU as a valued individual, instead of you just being another “case?”
- Does the lawyer have a genuine care and appreciation of YOU and your legal issue(s)?
- Do you want to retain a lawyer who works long and hard to solely refute, dispel or deny wrongdoing?
- Would you prefer a lawyer who not only does the obvious by presenting a thorough defense, but also pursues a comprehensive “offense,” which can involve a painstaking effort to marginalize the charges, allegations, as well as the inferences and conclusions?
- Is the attorney mindful of YOUR best interests?
- Despite the huge responsibilities a lawyer has to protect your rights and advance your interests, do you want an attorney who not only creates an action plan for himself/herself, but gives YOU a detailed roadmap and plan of action that focuses on what is best about YOU; your redeeming qualities; and, who involves you as an integral part of the “team,” instead of you not being actively involved?
- Do you want a lawyer who takes a huge number of cases (as an assembly line) and, therefore, does less on each one and charges less? On the other hand, many clients’ primary goal is to have a lawyer who has a deep commitment, is hard working, considers the advantage of a thorough investigation, research, analysis, strategizing, and has an online presence establishing their proven record.
In summary, take sufficient quality time to research the lawyer you are considering, focus on the impact the outcome can have on YOU now and in the future, rather than solely upon the costs in retaining an attorney. This situation may be a defining moment in YOUR personal and professional life. Give a great deal of weight to the objective facts set forth in the lawyer’s ratings, attorney’s integrity, respect by other lawyers and admiration by the countless past and current clients who have provided consistent testimonials month after month, year after year to document the knowledge, experience, skills, concern, and overwhelming energy, along with documented and proven results. Your family, friends, associates, and particularly YOU deserve superior advocacy.