If you, a friend, family member or loved one believes charges of armed robbery in San Diego are going to be brought against them, it is important to reach out to a knowledgeable San Diego armed robbery defense lawyer with the experience and background necessary to effectively defend against these serious charges. Look no further than Spital & Associates. Our attorneys offer the highest rated criminal defense attorneys to fight your armed robbery charges in San Diego.
You cannot afford to lose and need a strong defense against armed robbery charges? Call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 619-583-0350.
Armed Robbery Charges
Our attorneys have been handling these cases for a long time and know the ins and outs of the San Diego Superior Court system as well as the U.S. Courthouse where Federal cases are filed, including but not limited to the following:
- Bank robbery
- Commercial business robbery
- Residential robbery
- Individual robberies by stickups and mugging
Penalties for Armed Robbery Charges
Founder Samuel Spital has more than 39 years of legal experience, including experience as a criminal prosecutor. The law firm uses its experience to relentlessly fight for its clients’ individual needs and rights as they face harsh life-altering consequences that include:
- Incarceration in the San Diego County Jail or state or federal prison
- A permanent criminal record
- Probation or parole
- Impact on insurance
- Adverse impact on one’s current and future employment
- Negative effect upon getting or maintaining a state professional license
- Impact upon the award of child custody in a family law matter
Robbery vs. Armed Robbery Charges
While robbery is undoubtedly a very serious charge that requires an aggressive defense, armed robbery charges have the potential to be much more damaging. The prosecuting attorney will often file more serious charges when a violent threat was committed or weapons are used in the commission of armed robbery. Armed robbery is a felony, and by definition is the taking of property from another person by force or fear.
The penalties for armed robbery are incarceration in prison for two to nine years, but with enhancements it is possible the sentence can be as long as 40 years. Additionally, there is parole, counseling and fines. Sentencing is based upon certain criteria, including the following:
- The nature of the crime of armed robbery
- The severity of the crime
- Nature and variety of prior criminal convictions
- Overall criminal history of the defendant charged with armed robbery
- Whether the defendant is currently on probation
- If the defendant has completed the terms of a previous criminal sentence
- The actual or potential harm to the public
- The financial benefit to the defendant
- Whether the victim was abducted (e.g. kidnapping) or restrained (e.g. false imprisonment)
- The defendant’s age
- The victim’s vulnerability
- The defendant’s dependence on drugs or narcotics
- The defendant’s psychiatric history
- Evidence of rehabilitation
Defense Against Armed Robbery Charges
As your robbery defense attorneys, our single most important goal is to aggressively defend you against a powerful, organized and well-funded law enforcement and prosecution. We have available and utilize private investigators as well as forensic experts. You can rely on us to discover the evidence the prosecution has, the defenses that are available and provide you with the information you need to make an educated decision about your defense. We not only focus on defending armed robbery clients, but are proactive and emphasize both the defense and “offense,” whether:
- (a) it be in law enforcement’s procedures at the crime scene
- (b) the collection and chain of custody of forensic evidence
- (c) our use of skilled investigators
- (d) false identification and composition of lineups
- (e) the conduct of pre-trial proceedings
- (f) the preliminary hearing
- (g) legal motions to attack the use of evidence
- (h) the trial and all of the motions incident to an effective defense
- (i) mitigation
- (j) the sentencing
- (k) the complex appeal process
You have the right not to talk to law enforcement and you should request to talk to us first. Contact us online or call 619-583-0350 today for a free consultation with a one of our armed robbery defense lawyers in San Diego, California.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an armed robbery attorney in San Diego for individual advice regarding your own situation.
8880 Rio San Diego Drive, Suite 800
San Diego, CA 92108-1642
Banker’s Hill Associate Office
1901 First Avenue, Suite 138
San Diego, CA 92101
Chula Vista Associate’s Office
By Appointment Only
Chula Vista, Ca. 91910
Call for FREE Consultation: 619.583.0350 or send us an e-mail.
Associates available 24/7.
Call (619) 583-0350 or send us an e-mail.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.